Dr. Tim Wright – Laparoscopic, General and Obesity Surgeon.
Tim is the founder of Newcastle Obesity Surgery Centre, Charlestown.
He is a general surgeon with a special interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery. He has been performing obesity surgery since 1997 and has extensive experience with all operations including gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, as well as revision procedures from previous failed operations such as gastric banding and stomach stapling . Once patients have lost weight and are requiring removal of loose skin, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can also be offered.
When not doing obesity surgery, Tim is a busy general surgeon both in the public and private systems for elective and emergency patients. He has a strong interest in surgery for oesophageal and gastric cancer and for reflux disease. The majority of his surgery is done laparoscopically or endoscopically.
Tim is an avid mountain biker which helps him keep healthy, fit and alert – attributes important for all surgeons.
- Nottingham University UK
- BMBS 1987
- FRCS 1999
- DM 2001
- FRACS 2002
- Training in general and laparoscopic surgery in Nottingham, Liverpool and Leeds UK and also Adelaide SA. Training completed in 1999.
- Other experience in plastic surgery, thoracic surgery, vascular surgery.
- NSW Medical Board.
- General Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery & Obesity Surgery.
- Obesity Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (OSSANZ)
- Australia and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgical Society (ANZMOSS)
- Australian and New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgical Association (ANZGOSA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSEng)
- John Hunter Hospital
- Belmont District Hospital
- Lake Macquarie Private Hospital, Gateshead
- Newcastle Private Hospital, New Lambton Heights
- Lingard Hospital, Merewether
- Delmar Private Hospital, Sydney
His particular interests are:
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for obesity
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux hiatal hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer surgery