Referrals can be made to:
221 Charlestown Road
Charlestown NSW 2290
T 02 4032 8786
F 02 4032 8787
Suite 5, Medical Centre 1
Maitland private Hospital
173 Chisholm Road
East Maitland NSW 2323
P 02 4931 2311
F 02 4931 2336
DR SIVATHASAN SELLATHURAI
MBBS (HONS) FRACP
Dr. Siva Sellathurai is an Australian trained Gastroenterologist. Dr. Sellathurai
completed his undergraduate training in Sri Lanka with Honours and completed his
post graduate training in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Siva works at Maitland Public Hospital as a staff specialist. He previously worked
as a staff specialist at the Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of physicians and has medical registration
He practices in all fields of general gastroenterology with special interests in
inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and hepatology. He performs endoscopy (upper endoscopy and colonoscopy, including haemorrhoid banding) and capsule endoscopy.
- Lake Macquarie Private Hospital (in patients, consults and endoscopy)
- Maitland Private Hospital
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD)
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
Dr Sellathurai looks forward to working with local GPs and is committed to contributing
to the ongoing education of GPs.